In My Life
Single-ingredient banana ice cream is the best! It’s so easy to make without an ice cream maker, so I’ve been experimenting with it. I especially like that it doesn’t require any addition of sugar. Plus, by making my own ice cream, I know there aren’t any preservatives or other ingredients that are questionable for health.
Anyway, this week I made chocolate ice cream with bananas as the base and it was delicious. My whole family loved it and I’ll definitely keep it in my recipe repertoire.
I achieved my Goodreads goal of reading a hundred books this year! I read 68 books last year and 30 books the year before that. This means 100 is a pretty huge deal for me. Now excuse me as I celebrate with
a much deserved break reading more books!
For those who subscribe to Word Revel via email, thank you so much! (If you don’t subscribe but want to, you can do so via the sign-up form in the footer.)
You might have noticed that you haven’t been receiving any updates over the past weeks. The RSS feed couldn’t be validated for some reason and I couldn’t figure out why. After some tinkering, I think I finally fixed it, so you should be receiving email updates again.
Although, the first daily email going out after this fix will have a ton of posts combined into it. Things will be normal again after this email update if everything really is in order.
On the Blog
- [12 Sep] Breaking Down Book Photography
- [13 Sep] Book Cover Culture #5: The Archived
- [14 Sep] Retrospect #37: September 14th
Asti from Oh, the Books completely surprised me with her Bookish Friends feature. Txhis week she featured, Lillian, Sandra and me. I love all the drawings she did of us, which I think you must absolutely check out!
Around the Blogosphere
- Asti @ Oh, the Books! has truly come to embrace audiobook listeners as readers.
Bloggers & Blogging
- Miranda @ Tempest Books thinks images should be linked consistently. I couldn’t agree more. It drives me insane when click through links on images send me all over the place.
- Sana @ Artsy Musings of a Bibliophile deconstructs flawed characters, noting they’re not necessarily bad.
Rating & Reviewing
- Shannelle @ The Art of Escapism laments the geographical restrictions that often keep international bloggers from receiving review copies.
- Renae @ Respiring Thoughts insists on reading what she wants and not succumbing to pressures of what other people think she should read. A wise decision on her part that I think all of us should adopt.