In My Life
I’m away on vacation this week! I’ve few days in Malaysia with the family to unwind. This means it’s not so much about sightseeing for us as much as a period to rest and have a quiet time before taking on the new year.
The last few books that I ordered on Black Friday trickled in the mail the past week. Bunch of photography books I can’t wait to best started on, plus the best looking edition of The Bell Jar that I could find. After all, I promised Chiara I’d read it soon-ish.
On the Blog
Over the past two weeks I reviewed a bunch of audiobooks. Audiobooks especially grew on my over the past few months. Without them, I wouldn’t have read quite as many books I did this year. The audiobooks I reviewed were Angelfall by Susan Ee, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins.
Not to forget printed books, I also read Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian.
On the photography front, I explained ISO and light and also showed that photographs of ebooks and audiobooks can turn out as well as photos of hardcovers. I also discussed the relativity of book reviews and reflected on nostalgia for the present, inspired by the book Feed by M.T. Anderson.
Of course, I wished all of you a Merry Christmas! I hope you had a blessed Christmas and may you enjoy the remaining of the 12 Christmas days!
Bloggers & Blogging
- Jess @ My Reading Dress decided reading challenges constrict her.
- Shannelle @ The Art of Escapism isn’t much for reading challenges either.
- Sophie @ Paper Breathers loves friends who enjoy reading
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity is a girl after my own heart because she’s a softie who prefers to read paperbacks. She does however appreciate hardcovers on her bookshelf.
- Sandra @ Tea Between Books wrote an angry manifesto, outlining what she wants more in books.
- Jess @ My Reading Dress talks about the compulsion to read seasonally.
Rating & Reviewing
- Genevieve @ The Reading Shelf has difficulty rating fluffy books, even though she enjoys reading them.
- Amy @ Tenpenny Dreams tends to strike a balance between positive and negative reviews and so hardly writes strictly negative books reviews.