There wasn’t a lot of downtime in October for me, so I didn’t get as much time to read as much as I had hoped. Somehow I still managed to finish 12 books, though mostly thanks to audiobooks. In fact, I listened to eight audiobooks. I also read three paperbacks and an ebook.
My average rating took a slight dip compared to September, resulting in 3.719 out of 5. That’s a pretty good reflection of how much I liked the books I picked up last month. Only Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver disappointed me.
With paperbacks and ebooks, I read 1,212 pages. As for audiobooks, I listened to 76:53 hours (equalling 2,886 pages). After converting the listening hours to pages, that’s a total equivalent to 4,098 pages.
Read a Hundred Books
Also, I finished my Goodreads Reading Challenge! Yay! As in the past few years, I set it at 100 books. Last year I managed 103 books, which I’ve already surpassed as well. Even if I deduct my three re-reads this year, I’m ahead. Of course, audiobooks have helped me stay on top of my reading since they make up nearly half of my reading this year.
- Release by Patrick Ness | Rating: 4.500*
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: Young Reader’s Edition by Michael Pollan | Rating: 4.750
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust | Rating: 3.688
- Heart of the Machine by Richard Yonck | Rating: 3.375
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu | Rating: 4.550
- The End of Our Story by Meg Haston | Rating: 3.200
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater | Rating: 3.500
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur | Rating: 1.286
- A Semi Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland | Rating: 4.750
- Devoured by Sophie Egan | Rating: 4.125
- You Bring the Distant Near by Mitali Perkins | Rating: 4.778
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver | Rating: 2.056
*Note on ratings: I rate books on a scale of 0 to 5, 0 being the worst and 5 being the best. I first rate various aspects such as prose, characterisation, plot, originality, etc. Then I average these out for my overall ratings. To obtain my star ratings, I round to the nearest 0.5.
Altogether, I hauled six books — four print books and two audiobooks. Since I mainly borrowed the books I read in October, my 2017 TBR reduction tally went up to 4. My goal this year was to reduce it but at this point, I’m already proud that my acquisitions didn’t explode as they did the previous years.
The illustrated Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Arcanum Unbounded were pre-orders. When I found out that Amy Reed had a new book, I automatically went ahead and ordered it too. For the audiobooks, I used two of my Audible credits. And lastly, I received the Opposite of Okay for review.
Aizel @ One Page at a Time says
Wow, I wish I could read 12 books too in a month. With work and other stuff, I could only read up to 4-5 books/month.
But I do buy more than I can read. lol
Nice October you had there! Happy reading!
I listen to audiobooks when running errands, and doing mindless computer stuff. That’s mainly how I manage to finish so many books ;) Happy reading to you too!