At the moment my life’s pretty much developed a routine. I read, blog, bake, hang out with friends, spend time with my family, engage in sports, and try to figure out what’s next. It’s no wonder everyone’s favourite question to me is if I have found a job yet. I’m trying not to let others stress me out and pressure me into applying for jobs I’m not interested in. I’d rather apply for a few jobs and focus on convincing those who’re bring to pick me over other applicants than send a hundred applications and be half-hearted about it. Sure, it’s disheartening to come across jobs that interest me with 3 to 5 years minimum work experience but I’m not giving up. I will find something that suits me and what I’m suited for.
- [28 Apr] Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott ★★★½
- [30 Apr] The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook ★★★½
- [1 May] Piracy is not an Answer
- [4 May] Retrospect #18: May 4th
This week I posted another round of Books On My Desk, basically proving that I’m hopeless when it comes to library books. Since my wallet doesn’t factor in when I pick up books, there’s nothing concrete to restrain me from borrowing more than I should. Needless to say, books I own are once again on the back-burner. Either way, if you’re interested in the books I’ve picked up, just head on over to my BookLikes post.
BLOGGERS & BLOGGING
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner shares her thoughts on diversity in YA.
- Rachel @ Parajunkee has the lowdown on designing a cover photo for the new Twitter profile. She also provides a PSD file with the dimensions.
- Hannah @ So Obsessed put together a a book blogging to do list printable and made it available for download. Psst, it’s free!
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish lists 22 things to do to make the book blogging community a happier place.
- Ana @ Read Me Away outlines the usual plot when a new guys is involved.
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters is tired of book comparisons with The Hunger Games. If the only similarities between books is that they’re YA and dystopian, then there’s no point in comparing.
- Nikki @ The Paper Sea wants to know if you plan monthly TBR books.
- Kristilyn @ Reading in Winter talks about her difficulty of abandoning books and what it takes for her not to finish reading a book.
What have you been up to the past week? Anything exciting to share?