In My Life
Lately I’ve been so caught up with work, I don’t know which day of the week it is anymore. The only difference between weekends and weekdays is that I can approach my work more leisurely on weekends. Other than that, I’ve been extremely busy. This also explains this retrospect post on a Monday rather than Sunday.
On the Blog
Miss Bookiverse featured Word Revel on her blog, albeit in German. She basically started a new feature where she aims to show her latest discovery of book bloggers, bookstagrammers, book tubers etc. She discovered Word Revel via Instagram and I’m happy to know that she enjoys my Photography feature.
In the past week I reviewed Shooting Yourself by Haje Jan Kamps. It’s a book on self-portraiture and while it wasn’t entirely what I expected, it was still a wonderful find. A definite recommendation for photography enthusiasts! I also reviewed Free to Fall by Lauren Miller. It’s a YA Sci-Fi book that revolves around complete reliance on smartphones and the potential repercussions.
For all ye bibliophiles struggling with keeping on top of your TBR piles, I put together my Advanced Guide to Managing TBR Piles. I explained how to put exclusive shelves on Goodreads to good use and provided plenty of exclusive shelf ideas. There are 19 examples to be exact since I have 22 exclusive shelves and 3 of them were the default exclusive shelves that all Goodreads users have.
Bloggers & Blogging
- Abria @ Bee Splendid listed the WordPress plugins she uses.
- Jess @ My Reading Dress lamented that blog ideas strike at the oddest times.
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy reflected on how blogging changed her life.
- Crini @ All About Books explained her bookish spreadsheet for 2015 and also made it downloadable for personal use.
- Tabitha @ Not Yet Read engaged in a social experiment, trying to convince her loved ones to write book reviews. Her experiment bore mixed results, which she shared one her blog.
- Rachel @ Fiktshun considered the term ‘compelling’ in book reviews.
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish shared about her difficulty in expressing her love for particular books.
Jess @My Reading Dress says
I can totally understand being swamped with work. Hopefully you get some rest soon, Joséphine! And thank you for the link to Crini’s post! I loved that and her system looks amazing!
Jess @My Reading Dress recently posted Let Me Overwhelm You With Tags
The Free to Fall book sounds interesting, I will have to check it out!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
Enter my blog birthday giveaway!
Tabitha (Not Yet Read) says
Thanks for including me – I enjoyed your walkthrough on the exclusive shelves. I think I might have to break mine down even further now!
Tabitha (Not Yet Read) recently posted The Twelve Nightmares Before Christmas: Nightmare 3 & Giveaway