In My Life
I’m away on vacation this week! I’ve few days in Malaysia with the family to unwind. This means it’s not so much about sightseeing for us as much as a period to rest and have a quiet time before taking on the new year.
The last few books that I ordered on Black Friday trickled in the mail the past week. Bunch of photography books I can’t wait to best started on, plus the best looking edition of The Bell Jar that I could find. After all, I promised Chiara I’d read it soon-ish.
On the Blog
Over the past two weeks I reviewed a bunch of audiobooks. Audiobooks especially grew on my over the past few months. Without them, I wouldn’t have read quite as many books I did this year. The audiobooks I reviewed were Angelfall by Susan Ee, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins.
Not to forget printed books, I also read Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian.
On the photography front, I explained ISO and light and also showed that photographs of ebooks and audiobooks can turn out as well as photos of hardcovers. I also discussed the relativity of book reviews and reflected on nostalgia for the present, inspired by the book Feed by M.T. Anderson.
Of course, I wished all of you a Merry Christmas! I hope you had a blessed Christmas and may you enjoy the remaining of the 12 Christmas days!
Bloggers & Blogging
- Jess @ My Reading Dress decided reading challenges constrict her.
- Shannelle @ The Art of Escapism isn’t much for reading challenges either.
- Sophie @ Paper Breathers loves friends who enjoy reading
- Chiara @ Books for a Delicate Eternity is a girl after my own heart because she’s a softie who prefers to read paperbacks. She does however appreciate hardcovers on her bookshelf.
- Sandra @ Tea Between Books wrote an angry manifesto, outlining what she wants more in books.
- Jess @ My Reading Dress talks about the compulsion to read seasonally.
Rating & Reviewing
- Genevieve @ The Reading Shelf has difficulty rating fluffy books, even though she enjoys reading them.
- Amy @ Tenpenny Dreams tends to strike a balance between positive and negative reviews and so hardly writes strictly negative books reviews.
Captain Cow says
Viel Spaß mit “The Bell Jar”, hab das Buch damals total genossen und krame es immer wieder hervor, um ein paar Passagen zu lesen. Ich hoffe, dir gefällt es genauso gut :D
Ich wünsche dir einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr :)
Captain Cow recently posted The 2014 Book Trail
Jess @My Reading Dress says
Have fun on your holiday, Joséphine! Eat some good food and HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3
I've read a lot of Plath's poetry but have yet to try her actual novel. I probably should soon because reading Belzhar really got me interested in it!
Jess @My Reading Dress recently posted Seeking Saturday’s Read #18: Wrapping 2014 Up With A Big Fat Bow