Technically I’ve been sitting on this post for more than a month now. I left this post as a draft, bearing only the title. Every time I thought I’d post it, I wasn’t quite sure what to say. One thing I do know to say is thank you to Sophie @ Paper Breathers and Annie @ The Runaway Reader for nominating me for this One Lovely Blog Award! Sophie nominated me in January, and a couple of weeks later, so did Annie. And I can’t express how surprised I was that anyone even took notice of my quiet little corner in the vastness of the cyber world. So yes, thank you two for thinking of me when you did!
Now, I’m supposed to nominate 7 people, and share 7 things about myself. But a few of those I wanted to nominate have already received nominations, so I decided to take this opportunity to set up my blogroll instead. That’s another one of those things I’ve been wanting to do but just have not done. So yes, blogroll coming to you by the end of this week, so watch the space in my sidebar!
I have no idea what it is about me that might interest anyone, so I’ll just go with whatever comes to mind.
- My favourite fruits are mangoes, closely followed by cherries, raspberries and watermelons. Although, I prefer drinking apple juice.
- In my life I’ve officially learnt 5 languages: German, French, English, Latin and Mandarin. Doesn’t mean I remember all.
- I’ve gone through even more sports than languages: aerobics, volleyball, handball, basketball, tennis, table tennis, floorball, cross country, track and field hockey. 5 of those I’ve done competitively.
- I taught myself to play the recorder and the piano. Although, I did take piano and keyboard lessons on and off whenever I had the time.
- For a couple of years I also learnt to play the drums.
- Even though I’ve developed a preference for staying out of the limelight, I miss my choir days, and theatre days too. What can I say? The stage is a magical place!
- Tea before coffee, always.