In My Life
After my blogging break in June, it’s been taking a while for me to get back on track. A lot has happened since my last Retrospect post; way too much to summarise in one paragraph, so I’m just gonna keep things brief.
I’ve been rewatching Gilmore Girls. So far I got to Season 3. Been a lot of fun delving back into Stars Hollow. On the reading front, I only finished one book over the past few weeks, while starting four, or five. I’m just riddled with indecision. They’re all great but my mood’s all over the place.
This week I attended the preview of the SG Book Deals warehouse sale. I’m really grateful to Pansing Books for inviting me and I’m super happy with my haul. Naturally, I went for the recipe books, though I also grabbed a few novels as well.
On the Blog
I reflected on unread books and why we should stop feeling guilty about them. They're full of possibilities and hold so much for us to discover, we're better off celebrating them. Bookstagram 101 is back too as I explained how to preview Instagram feeds with Later. The August themes of Bookish Scene: Project 52 are up and I rounded up the latest YA releases as well as re-releases.
This week I reviewed The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. It wasn't as original as I wish it had been but I still enjoyed it. Although, switching from my paperback to the audiobook did help me immerse myself more.
Around the Blogosphere
- Ari @ The Daydreaming Bookworm weighed her favourite (and not so favourite) types of romance tropes.
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek is breaking up with ebooks.
- Traci @ Cornerfilds doesn't care for comparisons of books in their blurbs.
- Alexandra @ Lit Legionnaire reflected on what she learned from her Hogwarts House identity crisis.
- Trish @ Between My Lines outlined 5 ways to make the most of your library.
- Cait @ Paper Fury analysed the pros and cons of the "special snowflake" trope.
- Chiara guest blogged at The Daily Prophecy, talking about the importance of LGBTQIA+ retellings.
- Jolien @ The Fictional Reader considered the difference between a reading slump or reading meh books.
- Carlisa @ Confessions of Carlisa gave tips on how to enjoy reading plays.
- Natalie @ Flowers in My Books identified the correlation between happiness and rereading.
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current mulled over comment guilt.
- Ashley guest blogged at Chasing Fairytales, explaining the basics of coding.
- Chaitra @ PinkPot detailed a step-by-step tutorial on editing photos with the Snapseed app.
- Ashley @ Nose Graze is glad about these 5 blogging lessons she's glad she learned.
- Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf shared about her experience at YALC 2016.
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts recapped the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child release party at Indigo (Toronto).
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discussed Goodreads' new look.