In My Life
After my blogging break in June, it’s been taking a while for me to get back on track. A lot has happened since my last Retrospect post; way too much to summarise in one paragraph, so I’m just gonna keep things brief.
I’ve been rewatching Gilmore Girls. So far I got to Season 3. Been a lot of fun delving back into Stars Hollow. On the reading front, I only finished one book over the past few weeks, while starting four, or five. I’m just riddled with indecision. They’re all great but my mood’s all over the place.
This week I attended the preview of the SG Book Deals warehouse sale. I’m really grateful to Pansing Books for inviting me and I’m super happy with my haul. Naturally, I went for the recipe books, though I also grabbed a few novels as well.
On the Blog
I reflected on unread books and why we should stop feeling guilty about them. They're full of possibilities and hold so much for us to discover, we're better off celebrating them. Bookstagram 101 is back too as I explained how to preview Instagram feeds with Later. The August themes of Bookish Scene: Project 52 are up and I rounded up the latest YA releases as well as re-releases.
This week I reviewed The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. It wasn't as original as I wish it had been but I still enjoyed it. Although, switching from my paperback to the audiobook did help me immerse myself more.
Around the Blogosphere
- Ari @ The Daydreaming Bookworm weighed her favourite (and not so favourite) types of romance tropes.
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek is breaking up with ebooks.
- Traci @ Cornerfilds doesn't care for comparisons of books in their blurbs.
- Alexandra @ Lit Legionnaire reflected on what she learned from her Hogwarts House identity crisis.
- Trish @ Between My Lines outlined 5 ways to make the most of your library.
- Cait @ Paper Fury analysed the pros and cons of the "special snowflake" trope.
- Chiara guest blogged at The Daily Prophecy, talking about the importance of LGBTQIA+ retellings.
- Jolien @ The Fictional Reader considered the difference between a reading slump or reading meh books.
- Carlisa @ Confessions of Carlisa gave tips on how to enjoy reading plays.
- Natalie @ Flowers in My Books identified the correlation between happiness and rereading.
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current mulled over comment guilt.
- Ashley guest blogged at Chasing Fairytales, explaining the basics of coding.
- Chaitra @ PinkPot detailed a step-by-step tutorial on editing photos with the Snapseed app.
- Ashley @ Nose Graze is glad about these 5 blogging lessons she's glad she learned.
- Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf shared about her experience at YALC 2016.
- Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts recapped the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child release party at Indigo (Toronto).
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discussed Goodreads' new look.
Thanks so much for sharing my post! :)
Laura recently posted Bookish Fashion
Natalie @ Flowers in my Books says
Seeing all of those cookbooks made me so hungry! Darn you!
I recently took a bit of a break from blogging too so I totally understand what you mean by it being difficult to get back into the swing of things. I tried to ease myself back in but I ended up writing 5 posts this week and now I feel like I’ve just set myself up for failure hahaha. Hope you get back into the swing of things soon!
And thank you for sharing my post, it was lovely to see! :)
Natalie @ Flowers in my Books recently posted Do You Want To Have An Adventure?
Geraldine @ Corralling Books says
Whoaa so many good books! Glad to see you got The Rithmatist though – hope you enjoy it! I know I did (although it was a bit difficult to get started!). Sounds like you were busy whilst you were on a hiatus though – that’s awesome to hear! :D It can always be a bit difficult to get back on track – so I wish you all the best!! :)
Hi! Thanks for sharing my post :)
Rachel recently posted eBooks vs Paper Books – The Facts
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence says
Welcome back Jo! I really liked your haul from that book fair, so many great reads!
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence recently posted Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Review: The 8th Harry Potter Story? I Don’t Think So