In My Life
New Bookish Instagram Account
This week I created an Instagram account for Word Revel. I’ve been wanting to join all those bookish photo challenges and have fun with photo tags, so I figured it was about time. Even though I’ve had an Instagram account all along, it’s a personal account that I set to private, so opening that one up wasn’t an option for me. Either way, my username’s wordrevel, in case you wanna look me up.
Kindle Paperwhite Dilemma
Instagram aside, I’ve had a bit of a dilemma. Yes, the book nerd kind. Should I buy the current Kindle Paperwhite or wait for the next generation? I had the first generation Paperwhite, which I liked very much, but gave to my dad. After trial reading on it for a few days, he decided he enjoyed reading his ebooks on it so much more than on his iPad. Now he has the Kindle, and I have none. Technically I can still read ebooks on my iPad but when it comes to novels, I rather not. I love the iPad screen for image-heavy ebooks but when it comes to fiction, the Paperwhite was my go-to device.
So, what say you? Buy the second generation Kindle Paperwhite or wait for the third generation (whenever that one will be on the market)?
On the Blog
- [23 Jun] Retrospect #24-25 (Double Edition): June 22nd
- [27 Jun] Books are Objects of Cultural Consumption
- [29 Jun] Retrospect #26: June 29th
Around the Blogosphere
Bloggers & Blogging
- Ashley @ Nose Graze talks about ways to clean up the SEO if your Goodreads reviews outrank your reviews from your own blog.
- Kelsey @ Verbosity Book Reviews gives tips on how to avoid blogging burnouts.
- Take the bookish quiz Asti @ Oh, the Books! put together to find out if you could survive the Bookish Games.
- Nikki @ The Paper Sea tends to read novellas last if they’re part of a series. She’s curious when most people read them, if they even bother. Personally, I’ve not read any novellas, so I’ve yet to find out what my strategy will be.
- Stormy @ Book. Blog. Bake. insists that the reading police doesn’t exist. Nobody should have to defend their reading preferences to anyone.
Quote of the Week
Nothing of worth happens without effort.—Mark Santos, There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos