Before July comes to end too, let me quickly round up my June reading stats! I’ve not been blogging as much as I’d like, but I’m glad to say that hasn’t affected my reading. Or maybe, it’s because I’ve been reading so much, that I didn’t have much time left to blog. Hah. Altogether, I finished 16 books in June. As always, audiobooks boosted that number.
Even though the average rating was considerably low for me with 3.276 out of 5, I did enjoy quite a number of the books I read. Format-wise, I read seven paperbacks, two hardcovers, and seven audiobooks. I read 2,569 pages and listened to 81:02 hours on audio (equalling 3,092 pages). After converting the listening hours to pages, that’s a total equivalent to 5,661 pages.
Part of the reason I managed to finish so many books, and especially audiobooks, was that I came down with the flu and was out most of June. Days during which I couldn’t even look at written words, I just sat down and listened instead. And with a cough for the rest of the month, I couldn’t do sports either, which meant more time to read.
- Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell | Rating: 4.278*
- The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alice Sáenz | Rating: 3.222
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess | Rating: 2.444
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter | Rating: 3.400
- See How They Run by Ally Carter | Rating: 2.333
- Misunderstood by Tanya Crossman | Rating: 4.929
- Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter | Rating: 1.200
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston | Rating: 4.111
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth | Rating: 1.500
- By Your Side by Kasie West | Rating: 3.450
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers | Rating: 4.000
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon | Rating: 4.056
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith | Rating: 3.778
- Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman | Rating: 3.444
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West | Rating: 2.400
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly | Rating: 3.875
*Note on ratings: I rate books on a scale of 0 to 5, 0 being the worst and 5 being the best. I first rate various aspects such as prose, characterisation, plot, originality, etc. Then I average these out for my overall ratings. To obtain my star ratings, I round to the nearest 0.5.
I’m quite pleased that I managed to keep my acquisitions in check the past month. Out of the four books I hauled, three joined the TBR pile. Of course, the Ravenclaw Harry Potter edition will be a re-read, so no added damage to the TBR pile. I reduced my TBR pile by seven books, bringing the tally down to -14.
Aubrey Aster says
WOW! you got through so many books. I’m going to try to start listening to more audiobooks and reading more books because I only got through 6 books this month.
Abigail Carter says
I’ve been meaning to read Windfall. Was it any good?